Thursday, June 13, 2013

The next stage of our lives begin.

It has been 2 years 4 months and 23 days since my last post. I theorized how our brain re-consolidates bits of information from our conscious and subconscious mind when we go to sleep. In this post, I consolidate my life since that day. It is a short post, as you shall see, but let me tell you, it is no short of a dream.

The Gunda Arrives

After I wrote the last post, nothing really exciting happened for about 5 months and then on a bright morning in July, Purnima showed me the "stick" and at that precise moment our lives changed! When I mean "our", I mean everyone in the immediate and near vicinity of our existence.

See that's what babies do!

From that moment on, every single thought was either directly or indirectly about my unborn child. What the wife ate, drank, thought, heard and felt was all about giving the baby a great preview for an amazing movie. For 9 whole months, we spent every waking moment sharing, planning and preparing ourselves for a new chapter in our 13 year courtship (of those 9 months, the wife spent 8 throwing up!).

And then she arrived.

And I knew who she was.

I had known her all along.

It was just that we hadn't met until then.

My heart skipped a beat for the second time in my life.

First when I saw my wife and next when I saw my child.

Right then, holding her in my arms, I realized that the next stage of our lives have begun.

The stage where we truly "feel" like we have grown up.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome

Tags