Monday, March 22, 2010

What I have learned from Donut.....


July 6th, 2009 was an eventful day- it was our first wedding anniversary. It was the day I got Donut as a gift to Purnima and it was also the day my life offered me a companion in the form of a cute little puppy. In a span of 10 months I have watched Donut grow from a tiny little puppy to a brave little dog! In these 10 months, I learned a lot from this awesome little friend of mine, an awful lot. Without using words, this bundle of fur gave me an insight into myself as well as a change of outlook towards things around me. So let me give it straight up and that too in bullet points!
  • You can be satisfied with only a few things in life and be perfectly happy with them. Give those few of your "belongings" all the love and affection you can and they soon become family!
  • Learn to grow things around you, it makes you responsible and it builds a virtue called Patience.
  • You learn to put others needs before yourself.
  • You understand your attitude towards destruction and you learn to change it- you begin with anger and frustration and then you eventually move onto control and composure in face of debris.
  • Sometimes sitting out on the patio and staring outside counts as a perfectly well-utilized day.
  • Its important to have a place where you wait to go all day and when you reach there you are happy beyond your god-alone-knows-what's-going-on-in-that brain's understanding!!
  • You can't get along with everyone- some of them are just angry dogs who bite!!
  • Unconditional love is something that comes from within, you just can't fake it.
  • Food is anything that fills your stomach and makes you smack your lips- along with everything else that can be put in your mouth (just kidding)...
  • Keeping your mind clear brings a great night's sleep. Seriously.

1 comments:

Yams said...

So totally true...these Golden angels touch our lives in way too many beautiful ways!!
Loved the things you've written and can relate to all of them...give loads of love to Donut from me!:D

P.S: I am angry on you. And it has also been mentioned on my blog!

Post a Comment

Welcome

Tags